Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spiderweb quilt top - Is it finished???

block from Spiderweb quilt
blocks from Spiderweb quilt
Bonnie Hunter's setting for the blocks
Spiderweb with sashing and cornerstones
More work on the Spiderweb quilt from Bonnie Hunter's blog that I showed before in this post .  This quilt is for Quilts of Valor .  I'm hoping that it can get finished in time for me to present it to a very special soldier that is winging his way home as we speak.  I want to present it to him in May.  Bonnie Hunter puts the blocks together to make a spiderweb, but, I really wanted the 'star' to show up, since it is for a soldier.  A friend thought I should add the sawtooth stars for the cornerstones.  I used the last of the green from the bolt, so, I couldn't use it for the sashing. We couldn't find a blue we liked, so, we chose the brown for the sashing, and gold for the stars.  Lots of 'gold stars' for this soldier.  Now my question for all of you, is this quilt top finished?????  I thought it would be finished, but, I wonder if I should add a small string border to it?  I have lots of 'strings' but, I don't know if I have any of the same ones used in the spiderwebs.  What do you think?

Pop on over to Oops-Lah for a great giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. I think a string border would look nice. Great quilt. I'm sure the soldier will be very happy to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for spreading the word about my give away. Love your spiderweb quilt and congratulations on winning the weekly contest with your patchwork jacket. Vreni x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I think it needs a string border. It is a great quilt, and especially because it is made for someone very special! There are also lots of places to use your quilting and sewing talents to help others posted over at www.WeAllSew.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way the spider blocks seem to float behind the "lattice" of the brown sashings. Love the string border. Thanks for your service to QOV! It's always good to see another QOV volunteer.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).